Image Alternative Text
Enter a Webpage address to scan for Images and their corresponding alternative texts.
After submitting a webpage, we will attempt to detect the use of <IMG> tags, but not the use of background-images.
Some notes about image detection using this tool:-
- If you use <PICTURE> tags, there is an expectation that there should be a fall-back <IMG> tag with appropriate source.
- If an image has a missing ALT attribute or a seemingly incorrect label via
ARIA-usage the the image will be reported as a problem.
- If an image has an alternative-text value longer than 125 characters, it will be flagged as a problem.
- This tool attempts to decipher the use of LAZY-LOADING of images, and therefore, will attempt to discover and prefer a SRC value from a lazy-loading data-attribute. - If you use your own data-attribute to customize lazy-loading, this tool may not detect the correct image-source. Additionally if lazy-loading is detected, the first found image-source will be used to display the image, for your review on this website.
- Images ignored by CSS display:hidden or aria-hidden or by possessing an empty ALT attribute, will be considered 'Ignored' but their use should still be reviewed for correctness.
- This tool will display seemingly problematic images and passing images for human review.
- NOTE: if the scanned webpage is slow to respond or contains complex caching or loading delays, then this tool may not effectively detect images due to the absense of the images in the HTML-code at the time of running this tool. Certain websites may simply block such scanning from this website.